Developing Design Practice | Book Design | Lamb to the Slaughter | Roald Dahl

Developing Design Practice | Book Design | Lamb to the Slaughter | Roald Dahl

After a long six weeks, I have finally finished my book design unit. The deadline is 2pm 31st October BUT I am finished a day early!!
HURRAH!!!!

The brief I had been given, required me to choose one out of four stories, and produce a book with a minimum of 32 pages. The only requirements were, that the dust cover must be screen printed, the book has to be perfect bound and the pages to be French folded. I chose ‘The Lamb to the Slaughter’ by Roald Dahl, as I thought this would give me more of a challenge and I really enjoyed the ending. Unknowingly I had made my book design in the 50s – 60s vintage style. But, it works for the style of the narrative. Over all, I really enjoyed this unit as I have been looking forward to it, since I finished my first year of university.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

BUSY!!!! | Developing Design Practice | Lamb to the Slaughter

Today’s work session, I test printed my book pages, for a unit called ‘Developing Design Practice’ and I did a few screen print experiments.
All of these are rough, because I still need to work out measurements for my dust jacket, not to mention work out what papers I need to use, for my final print.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.